Frequently asked questions

All about


Converted campervans and Ready-to-camp SUV rental

icone van Le Baroudeur

How can I book a vehicle, a conversion kit or a rooftop tent?

To rent a converted vehicle, conversion kit or roof tent, you can fill out the form on the main page or make your reservation directly on our reservation platform. You also can fill the form to get a free quote if you’d like more informations ! We will respond within 48h!

To buy a conversion kit or a roof tent, you can visit our online store.

Who can rent a converted campervan and/or a Ready-to-camp SUV?

During summer rentals, everyone can drive a Baroudeur campervan or Ready-to-camp SUV as long as they have a valid permit. If you are under 25, young driver fees apply (10$/day). Contact us for details.

When taking charge of the vehicle, the main driver shall present:

  • Valid driver’s licence
  • – A valid piece of identification (passport for non-Canadians)

I've got a French driving licence. Is it enough to be able to drive a converted campervan in Quebec?

You can check your driver licence validity in the SAAQ website.

If you are travelling in Québec, you may drive for 6 consecutive months with your licence that has been issued by another Canadian province or territory or another country, provided your licence is valid. However, we strongly suggest that you confirm the validity of your driver’s license with the SAAQ 😉

What are the reservation and cancellation conditions for renting a converted camper van or a Ready-to-camp SUV?


A deposit of 30% of the total amount, excluding taxes, is required to confirm the reservation.

The remaining 70% (including the selected options) will be charged 7 days before the departure date without further authorization.

The day before departure, a security deposit will be frozen on your credit card. This one will be released on your return.

Please note that our platform charges a 2.95% fee for international transactions (non-refundable)


Cancellation free of charge 48 hours after booking confirmation(does not apply if departure in less than 14 days).

Until 30 days before your departure :100% refund of deposit, less an administrative fee of 75$ +tx in case of complete cancellation OR credit equivalent to the amount of the deposit applicable until the end of the 2023 season.

Between 29 and 15 days before your departure :We keep the full deposit in case of a complete cancellation OR credit equivalent to the applicable deposit amount until the end of the 2023 season.

Between 14 and 7 days before your departure : We keep the totality of the deposit.

Less than 7 days before your departure : The total amount of the reservation (including taxes, protection and options) will be charged as described in our payment policies.

For more details, refer to the section «Cancellation policies».

May I modify my booking?

One (1) modification is possible on your reservation, up to 14 days before your departure, depending on our availability. Please contact us in advance by email if you want to change your booking. Refer to our rental conditions for more details.

When and where canI pick up my converted campervan and/or Ready-to-camp SUV ?

Our office is at 15-minute walk from the Rosemont subway station, so they are esily accessible. You will also fint the bus 160 stop and a Bixi station near by. Departures are from 9h30am, returns can be done up to 4pm.

Send us a message if you’re looking to do it earlier or later.

Our schedule can be flexible, that’s our philosophy at Vanpackers®!

Departure from St-Nicolas (Lévis)

The unit is located near the highway 20, at Saint-Nicolas, on south shore of Quebec. To make your booking, you can look for the campervan named Chantale and Pascal d’la Capitale Nationale.

Can I return the converted campervan and/or Ready-to-Camp SUV vehicle later?

We ask our customers to bring the vehicle before 4PM. If for any reason you are late, you must notify us by phone as soon as possible.

However, if you want to travel longer and if the vehicle is not scheduled to leave immediately, we would be happy to offer to bring it back later. Here is our phone number: 514.463.1654

How many kilometers can I travel with my converted campervan and/or Ready-to-camp SUV?

We offer a basic package with 220km/day (or 1540km per week). ! Your already know that itinerary foresee more kilometers ? You can choose to add one of our blocks of additional kilometers to your reservation until the day before your departure (paid beforeyour departure and non-refudable).

If you are not sure about how many kilometers you will cross during your trip, don’t worry! We offer you the option of paying for the extra kilometers on your return ($ 0.25/km + tax).

In what condition should I return the campervan and/or Ready-to-Camp SUV?


We ask you to bring the vehicle as clean as possible. We don’t charge cleaning fees to maintain accessibility. We ask that you go along and help us keep low pricing rates. However, if a minimum of cleaness is not respected, or if the equipement of the vehicle is heavily stained, we reserve the right to charge a 250$ fee.

Basiclally, bring back the vehicule as clean as if you’d like to please to your parents! 😉


Our minivans are rented out with a full tank. It is imperative to return it as you received it. We will ask you for the receipt upon arrival. If we have any doubt, we will go with you to check the nearest gas station. If necessary, a 10$ surcharge will be charged, in addition to the gas price.

Tabacco et marijuana

Of course, our campervans are stricly non-smoking regardless of the substance!

Can I bring my dog in roadtrip with me?

You are allowed to take your dog for your road trip,with with an extra fee! However, for logistical reasons, this option is available for our vans for 2 people only.

Other animals, no matter how small, clean and gentle, are prohibited.

If you are allergic to dogs, it is very important to let the Baroudeur-Vanpackers team know!

I'd like to bring my bike with me. Do you have any bike rack?

Yes, we have 1 bike rack for 2-person vans, departing from Montreal only. For logistical reasons, it is not possible to install a rack in the back of the vehicle or on the top with a rooftop tent.

How many people can travel with a converted campervan ?

Our equipped minivans can accommodate up to 4 people thanks of our roof tents.

How many people can travel with a Ready-to-camp SUV ?

Ready-to-camp SUVs can accommodate a maximum of 2 people. You can’t sleep in the vehicle but in the tent on its roof.

What are the avalable options for my booking?

To improve your stay, we offer various options such as the mosquito repellent kit, our Freshness, Branché.e or Confo kits, a bicycle rack, a child’s bed and more!

The choice of options varies depending on the type of rental, socontact us and we’ll see what we can do for you!

Is there storage in camper vans and/or ready-to-camp SUVs?

Yes, there are several storage spaces available.

In the converted campervans there are several storage spaces in the kitchen module at the back to store (among other things) your food. The modules under the bed and behind the front seats will allow you to store your belongings. However, we advise you to bring a backpack instead of a hard suitcase (it will be a better fit 😉)

To have a first look on our campervans go on this page !

Our Ready-to-Camp SUVs are equipped with a kitchen box where you can store cooking equipment and your food. As the bed is in the tent on the roof of the SUV, you can store the rest of your stuff on the back seat.

To get an overview of our Ready-to-Camp YOU, go to this page!

I need to install a child seat, is this possible?

Absolutly! Our fitted minivans are equipped with 4 seats with seat belts and you can install child seats without any problem. You can easily move the modules to go from 2 to 4 seats with a snap of your fingers 😁

However, this is not possible in Ready-to-Camp SUVs.

Can my children sleep in the rooftop tent?

It depends on their age! For safety reasons, we do not recommend that children under 5 years old sleep alone in the roof tent and it is preferable that an adult accompany them.

How does coverage work when renting a campervan and/or Ready-to-Camp SUV?

To travel with peace of mind, it is mandatory to subscribe to the minimum protection when booking (with exceptions. Consult the general rental conditions for more details).

Minimum coverage includes a $2,500 deductible and $2 million in civil liability. It also include the roadside assistance.

Insurance provided by credit cards can supplement our protection, but cannot replace it.

What does roadside assistance include when renting a campervan and/or Ready-to-Camp SUV?

If you subscribe to the minimum protection, you are covered by roadside assistance including flat tire assistance, battery boost and fuel delivery within a radius of 10km around the vehicle.

If you subscribe to Premium protection, you are covered by Premium Roadside Assistance, including:

  • Locksmith assistance
  • Free windshield and flat tire replacement
  • Fuel delivery
  • Accommodation in the event of loss of usufruct of the vehicle following an accident.

An accident? A mechanical problem? It happens. But don’t worry, we’ll do everything we can to help you out. We always have your back in case of emergency.

If your van is immobilized for more than 24 hours due to a mechanical breakdown, we’ll bring you a replacement vehicle quickly For breakdowns in the rest of Canada, it is on a case-by-case basis.

Refer to our general rental conditions for more details.

What should I do if I break something in the Campervan or Ready-to-Camp SUV?

During your road trip, it is possible you break or damage something in your van. No worries, notify us (24h maximum ahead of time) before your return to allow us to replace the defective object for our future travelers. We can provide you a list of the equipments costs if you ask for it.

When renting a camper van and/or a ready-to-camp SUV, does the protection cover my personal effects?

No. The protections cover accidents and problems related to the vehicle only. We suggest that you take personal insurance for all your items. Also, the protections do not cover damage to the layout structure and equipment (cooler, stove, etc.).


Organize your road trip iwith a campervan or ready-to-camp SUV

icone list Le Baroudeur

What should I plan for my trip?

The post “Our van layout” onour blog will give you precise informations.

Please contact us if you’d like a complete inventory of all the equipment included in our vehicules. We also have a many low cost options for you to enjoy!

Can I sleep in my mini-campervan?

In Quebec, it is not forbidden to sleep in your car, your campervan, your recreational vehicle (motorhome), even while boondocking. Make sure you do this responsibly, including obeying parking signs (you can’t park anywhere overnight!).

However, it is forbidden to be intoxicated in your vehicle, whether it is running or stationary. Although we provide some advice in our road book, it is your responsibility to know and respect the rules and laws in force in Quebec and Canada.

Where can I park for the night?

Go onour blog to learn more about parking with a campervan in Quebec. Linkhere.

Am I allowed to travel to the United States? What about other Canadian states?

Only travel to the following provinces is permitted: Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland (except Newfoundland and Labrador).

All other provinces and/or territories and/or the USA and/or Mexico are prohibited.

We strongly suggest taking Premium Protection and Assistance if you plan to travel to remote areas of Canada.

Either way, come tell us about your project and we’ll see what we can do for you!

Note on the situation of the COVID-19 : If you wish to go to another Canadian province, it is your responsibility to monitor the measures in force (closed borders, traffic ban, quarantine). Le Baroudeur is not responsible for your choice of itinerary and any problems you may encounter, so plan your road trip 😉