LE BAROUDEUR and VANPACKERS respect your privacy and process your personal data responsibly and securely. This policy applies to personal data collected and used to carry out the operation of the LE BAROUDEUR and VANPACKERS® websites and to answer your questions and send you our news. Your personal data will always be treated as anonymously as possible.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AND USED
Information obtained via the form at the time of registration
- First and last name : We ask for your first and last name in order to know your identity, to associate the account with your identifiers, to complete the transaction, to finalize the sale, and to communicate with you for after-sales service. This information will not be used for any other purpose.
- E-mail address : We ask for your email address to ensure that you are a real person when you contact us and to be able to respond to you, complete the transaction, finalize the sale, and communicate with you for after-sales service. All orders placed on our websites must be associated with a valid email address. You can choose to unsubscribe from our services at any time by sending us an email to this effect. Your email address can also be used to send you our news through our newsletter if you have chosen to subscribe to it.
- Message : If you contact us to ask a question or send us a comment, among other things, when you use the chat tool available on our website, you control most of the information we receive from you.
Information obtained at the time of payment
We use the services of the third-party providers Shopify on the VANPACKERS website for the management of all transactions and payments. Thus, all the data you transmit will be fully taken care of by this provider, whose Privacy Policies can be found at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We do not have access to and do not store in any way the data you share to process any payment.
We use analytical cookies, via HubSpot, to produce performance reports concerning users’ browsing habits on our website such as: origin of traffic, most popular pages, number of clicks, etc. and to maintain our website. These data are also anonymous and you can choose whether or not to share them at any time. They are used to offer you content that is more relevant to your needs. You can at any time obtain more details concerning the management of this type of cookie by clicking on the following link: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/privacy-and-consent/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set -in-a-visitor-s-browser#functionality-cookies
Subscribe to the BAROUDEUR and VANPACKERS newsletter
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will keep you informed of the latest news concerning the activities of BAROUDEUR and VANPACKERS and related topics. In each email you receive, you will have the option to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
We use the services of HubSpot for the preparation and sending of our newsletter..
Data shared via connected social networks
If you wish to publish content generated by LE BAROUDEUR or VANPACKERS on social networks, you must first connect to the social network concerned. The social network then becomes the controller of your data.
Under no circumstances can LE BAROUDEUR or VANPACKERS be held responsible for the data that social network providers, such as Google, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter collect about you.
Backup and storage of your data
LE BAROUDEUR uses secure technological infrastructures for data storage. Thus, the data you share with us is saved in the digital cloud of Google Drive.
IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED?
We will not transfer your personal data to third parties, with the exception of HubSpot and Shopify, unless you explicitly and specifically consent to it. However, in some cases, the law requires us to disclose your information to the competent authorities.
In certain cases where data had to be communicated, LE BAROUDEUR will have to conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA). This assessment will be carried out in particular in the following cases:
- Disclosure of personal information without consent for research, study or statistical purposes;
- As part of an information system acquisition, development and/or overhaul or electronic service delivery project involving personal information;
- Communication of personal information outside Quebec, if applicable.
We secure your data responsibly taking into account current practices and expectations. However, no system or platform is flawless. If you suspect that your information is being misused or if you have a complaint, please contact us as soon as possible via the following email address: [email protected] or [email protected]
HOW LONG ARE YOUR DATA RETAINED?
LE BAROUDEUR or VANPACKERS do not keep your personal data longer than necessary, taking into account the need to answer questions, solve problems, improve our services and offer new ones and to meet legal requirements. We destroy personal information when the purpose for which it was collected is accomplished, subject to the conditions and retention periods provided for by any applicable law. At any time, you can request the deletion of your data or an unsubscription to our newsletter.
Your personal information will be anonymized if this data were to be used for serious and legitimate purposes.
INCIDENT RECORD AND RESPONSIBLE PERSON
LE BAROUDEUR and VANPACKERS take the necessary measures to avoid any incident that may affect your personal data. However, in the event of the occurrence of such an event, LE BAROUDEUR and VANPACKERS keep a record of incidents and will quickly take measures to reduce the risk of harm being caused to the persons concerned.
The responsible person to contact in the event of an incident is LOUISE ESNAULT whose contact details are as follows:
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS ?
- You are under no obligation to provide personal data. Not providing personal data, however, means that the BAROUDEUR and VANPACKERS team will not be able to answer your questions, complete the transaction or subscribe to its newsletter.
- You can request the correction of your personal data or to add additional information.
- You can request access to your personal data.
- Your right to data portability: You can receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Your right to limit the processing of your personal data: you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted in the future.
- You have the right to revoke the consent you have given (e.g. subscription to the newsletter), without affecting the legality of the processing based on your consent before its revocation.
- You always have the right to request the deletion of your data.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, such as the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec.
LIST OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SERVICE PROVIDERS